When buying a house there are many different things that could derail the buying process. One specific area that should be given careful consideration is the home owners inspection.
This article lists 12 problem areas that could arise during the home inspection that should raise some red flags.
From the article:
1. Cracked heater exchange
2. Failing air-conditioning compressor
3. Environmental hazards including radon, water contamination, asbestos, lead paint, and underground storage tanks
4. Moisture in the basement
5. Defective roofing and/or flashings
6. Insect infestation — termites or carpenter ants
7. Mixed plumbing
8. Aluminum wiring
9. Horizontal foundation cracks
10. Major house settlement
11. Undersized electrical system
12. Chimney settling or separation
If you ever have questions about home inspections or pest control, feel free to give Kevin or Jeff a call at 225-753-8114, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be glad to help.
To view the entire article click here:http://www.realtor.com/home-finance/real-estate/buyers/home-inspection-importance-before-buying.aspx